The high demand for plastics of our era means that every time mold inspection Miami for their manufacture have higher demands in terms of their quality. The intention is to generate more units per mold, with products of greater strength and durability.
For that reason, parameters such as the “polish ability” of the molds, become prime factors in the manufacture of the same.
But what is the polish ability of a steel?
It is the ability of the material to allow a homogeneous finish over all its geometry, bright and without superficial defects. This is achieved through mechanical activities such as grinding, polishing, etc.
Advantages of a good polishing:
- It facilitates the demolding of the pieces, safeguarding the integrity of the final product.
- Reduces the risk of local corrosion that occurs due to surface defects. Which leads to the damage of the protective layers against the corrosion of some steels.
- Reduces the risk of breakage or cracking. A surface defect or irregularity can become a stress concentrator. This, added to the pressures generated in the injection processes, generates cracks or serious defects in the mold.
- You may be interested: Selection of steels for molds
Inspection of surface finish
- There are several methods to verify the surface condition of an element. Whether machined or polished by hand tools, some of these techniques require special elements. For example Ra, an arithmetic value that evaluates percentage deviations of a surface such as roughness, undulations, etc.
- There are also some methods that do not require special equipment. This is the case of the visual procedures that lead us to a quick trial. Structuring that judgment well can be effective.
- One is the checking of indications of rough areas or corrugations, which may appear due to previous polishing processes. Two, is the inspection of mirror-like finishes. This must be free of indications such as scratches or discontinuities along the rectified surface.
- As we said, these techniques can be effective and more with the hurry of production processes. Even so, due to the “flat” appearance of the ground surfaces, certain inspection errors may exist. For this, inspections such as the first mentioned are recommended to determine the Ra, or optical interference techniques, which is the technique of superimposing one wave on top of another and thus checking the changes of one with respect to the other.
THE BENEFITS OF A STACKTECK CO-INJECTION MOLD ARE:
- Reduction in leftovers and waste
- Reduction of content of obstruction material
- Allows the formation of complex shapes
- Provides the opportunity to make high quality decorations through IML
Covers demands for low, medium or high volumes