Working in Hong Kong necessitates more than just submitting an application for a Hong Kong Employment Visa. Hong Kong’s Employment Ordinance provides benefits and protection to qualifying employees, including paid statutory holidays and annual leave, sick pay, severance compensation, and employment protection.
The Statutory Minimum Salary plan was established by the Minimum Paid Ordinance, which boosted the minimum wage for low-wage workers to $37.5 per hour on May 1, 2019. Employees in Hong Kong earned a median monthly wage of $17,500 in the months of May and June 2018, up 4% over the same period the previous year.
The visa is attached to a certain company or hiring firm, it cannot be transferred. If an applicant wishes to change jobs while staying in Hong Kong, he or she must fill out and submit an “Application for Change of Employment” to the Hong Kong Immigration Department. To get you more guided, check out working visa agent in Hongkong.
The following qualifying requirements must be met in order to apply for a work visa under the employment for professionals scheme:
- The applicant for a Hong Kong Employment Visa should not have any criminal records.
- The applicant must have a solid educational foundation. A relevant college degree or other legitimate documentation of other credentials, certificates, abilities, accomplishments, or work experience is preferred.
- In order to work in Hong Kong, your employer or firm must have an open position.
- You have accepted an offer of employment that is appropriate to your background and experience, and your position is not easily filled by a local employee.
- Employee fringe benefits and pay packages (salary, housing, medical, etc.) for employees working in Hong Kong are comparable to market standards.
Procedure and Timeline for Making an Application
- For the Hong Kong Employment Visa and Work Permit application, both the applicant and the respective employer or hiring firm must provide the required documentation.
- The application for a Hong Kong Employment Visa and a work permit must be sent to the Hong Kong Immigration Department jointly with the help of working visa consultant.
- The processing time for a Hong Kong Employment Visa application is estimated to be 2 to 3 months.
- If the application is approved, the Immigration Department will issue a Hong Kong Visa/Entry Permit label, which must be collected in person by the applicant or on their behalf by a representative from the Hong Kong Immigration Office.
- The Hong Kong Visa/Entry Permit label should then adhere to the applicable visa page of the Hong Kong Employment Visa applicant’s passport, and the passport will be valid for entry into Hong Kong during the applicant’s arrival.
- This Hong Kong Visa/Entry Permit sticker has a one-year standard validity duration.